Friday, September 30

My Favorite Mashed Potatoes



I love all things potato. French fries, tater tots, hash browns, baked, twice baked, mashed...well, you get the idea. I could eat potatoes in some form every day of the week. I find most people also like mashed potatoes but aren't quite sure what to do with them except smother them in gravy. Nothing wrong with that but I am not a fan of gravy so I came up with this recipe. Like Emeril, I kicked it up a notch!


Ingredients:


10 - 12 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into equal portions
3 oz. cream cheese
1 stick salted butter or margarine
1 jumbo garlic clove, pressed or finely chopped
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 cup of milk
Lawry's seasoning salt
salt
pepper


Peel potatoes and cut into equal portions. Boil in salted water for 35-45 minutes. Reduce heat to low and drain potatoes. Return potatoes to pan. Return pan to burner set on low and using a potato masher, mash potatoes for around 1 minute. There should still be some "lumps".


Remove from heat and add cream cheese and butter. Stir with spoon until cream cheese and butter are mostly melted. Add milk and stir.


Add garlic and onion powder, stir until blended. 


I dust the complete top of potatoes with Lawry's. Then add salt and pepper to your taste. Go light on the salt as the butter and Lawry's also contain salt. Taste test and add additional Lawry's or salt to your liking.


These are sticky potatoes. You know the kind that if thrown at the wall, they would stick. (I have not tried this but my son has.) If you like your potatoes on the creamy side, add small amounts of milk while blending with a hand mixer on medium setting until you get your desired consistency.


Have a great day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love potatoes Sheri! I have them baked, boiled and then crushed, as French fries and in cold and hot potato salads! Thanks for sharing this recipe! Have a great weekend.

Tanya said...

Potatoes are so good and your mashed potatoes look delicious!

The Poet Herself said...

Mmm...potatoes with cream cheese are always delicious. They sound great!

Katherines Corner said...

I love all things potato too. Fried, mashed, baked, whipped, crinkled, shredded..... Only problem is my tummy just keeps getting bigger. Giggle Hugs and sincere wishes for a weekend filled with joy, Katherine

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

YUM!! love mashed potatoes!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try these. My family goes ga ga over mashed potatoes.

Sheri said...

I am so glad I am not alone! Thanks!

Mommy Bags said...

sooo good always looking for new MP recipes....