Wednesday, February 1

Mini Raspberry Heart Cakes

 recipe from opensourcefood.com

Mmmmm...raspberry. One of my favorite flavors ever. Have you ever had raspberry syrup on your pancakes? If so, the filling for these is very close to that, if not better. 

Not only are these so easy and fun to make, but they are so cute. Perfect for any Valentine in your life. 

I think you could make many variations of this with different fruits, shapes and toppings. I plan on trying some down the road to hopefully share with you. I just thought these perfect for Valentine's Day. If you try any, please make sure and let me know!

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup raspberry jam
2 Tbls. water
2 pkg. fresh raspberries
1 oz. white chocolate

Bake cake according to package instructions. Cool completely.

Using a large heart shaped cookie cutter, cut cake into heart shapes. Split each heart horizontally into 2 layers of equal thickness.




Boil raspberry jam with water until thickened and brush onto top of each heart. Brush the darker, smoother side of the cut cake.


Stack two hearts together, forming a heart sandwich with the filling in the center. 


Arrange raspberries on top. Brush the raspberries with more jam. 


Drizzle melted white chocolate over tops. 


The kids might want to help too! 


*I used a 4" heart cookie cutter and made 5 mini cakes. 

3 comments:

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious said...

These are so adorably cute! I'll definitely give this a try for Valentine's day. Thanks for sharing!

Theresa said...

I knew I would gain weight just looking at your baking/recipe posts. lol I might have to try this one! yummy! & I am not showing my kiddo the beardie pic she will want one! for sure, he looks amazing though!

kelp said...

This is adorable post and i find it astonishing. you should also visit this page to gather more interesting recipes that is for you and your family. :www.gourmetrecipe.com and www.gourmandia.com