Thursday, March 29

Edible Koi Ponds ~ Fun Snack for Kids


Good morning! Spencer's special needs class had a Chinese New Year's lunch at school this year. For the life of me, I couldn't come up with an idea on what to send and I had to send something. His teachers always do such fun things to interact the kids and anytime I can be a part of that, I am. Being that they are special needs kids of all ages, I wanted something visually fun for them, plus somewhat healthy. I can be so cheesy at times and this is one of those times. I mean come on, rice cakes, Chinese New Year? 


Spencer's teacher said the class loved them and there were no leftovers. Yay!


Super easy and the kids can make their own too.


Ingredients:
4 rice cakes (your choice of flavor)
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese (I used strawberry flavored)
blue food coloring
Goldfish


Put whipped cream cheese into a small bowl and add the blue food coloring a little at a time until you get the desired color for your water. Mix well after each addition before adding more.


Spread 1 TBLS. of cream cheese on each rice cake.


Top with goldfish. 


I think these are so cute!

2 comments:

Nicole @ Daily Dish Recipes said...

These are ADORABLE!! I love that you do this stuff. You're an awesome mom! xoxox

Giovanni Carlo said...

What a lovely koi fish cake

koi pond