Thursday, April 19

Creole Burgers with Bayou Mayo


I am slowly knocking down all the recipes I want to try from the amazing Ms. Paula Deen. I have yet to be disappointed and in the process am making my family fans of hers also. 

When I explained what I was making for dinner the night I made these, I got John's normal response to something he is not sure he wants to try...."sounds interesting". He is always interested in my foodie adventures but I can't say he is always a willing participant. I have to give him credit for at least trying everything I put on the table these days. Often times, as is the case with these burgers, he finds himself reaching for seconds and handing out compliments. I have to admit, it's a great feeling cooking for my family and knowing they appreciate it!

The combination burger/mayo is a match made in heaven here. Super delicious!

Ingredients:
1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 lb ground chicken
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 teaspoons Paula Deen Creole Pepper Blend
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 hamburger buns

Bayou Mayo
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Paula Deen Creole Pepper Blend
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped


Lightly spray a saute pan with a non stick cooknig spray. In the prepared pan, saute the onion, garlic and bell pepper until tender. Set aside and allow to cool completely.


In a large bowl, combine the chicken and cooled mixture. Add the egg, bread crumbs, and Paula Deen Creole Pepper Blend. Mix all together well, and form into 8 patties. Salt and pepper each patty.


Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray and cook burgers until done, about 5 minutes on each side. 

While burgers are cooking, prepare Bayou Mayo.



Bayou Mayo
In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir.
To assemble burgers, place patty on bun half, top with generous dollop of Bayou Mayo. Put top bun over chicken burger and serve! 



No comments: